I’m gonna begin with saying that this is a great idea. It is a blend of this year’s Swedish competition coffee, which SCA Sweden, in collaboration with Ally Coffee, has roasted a Vinnarkaffe (Winning Coffee). Given that it’s a blend, the coffee is so balanced, it’s not acidic at all.
A blend of Colombian, Brazilian and Ethiopian coffee. The first two are Washed and the Ethiopian is Honey Processed. Tones we can expect is citrus, apple & nuts.
17g coffee (grind setting 19D at Baratza Sette 270, medium)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 50 seconds
92 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 50 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
2) 225g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 50 second blooming, your timing should be in 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting 26B at Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
An amazing initiative. The money for “vinnarkaffet” (Winning Coffee) goes to the association (SCA Sweden) which, in turn, invests the money to spread specialty coffee in Sweden. Which is a little what I want to do with kaffenytt.se, but also outside Sweden.
The coffee is relatively sweet with friendly tones right through, a perfect coffee for those who start drinking coffee or specialty coffee. No bitter tones at all and it’s really good together with “fika”, breakfast or other times you take a snack.
According to the description of the bag, I would expect citrus, apple, and nuts. Personally, I thought it had a powerful note of nuts and sweet cacao. I have also brewed the coffee (in addition to the Hario V60 & Espro Travel Press) brewed plain electric filter brewer, Aeropress, and French press. The coffee works all of the time, simply a good blend for a winning coffee!
Support SCA Sweden and buy a bag of Vinnarkaffe 2018! Click here to buy it from Baristashopen.se.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
0 comments on “SCA Sweden – Vinnarkaffet 2018” Add yours →