Here is another coffee from Colombia. Although La Florida may have some similarities, it’s night and day between it and Etnia’s – Montañita previous blog post) and La Florida.
Information and recipe for the coffee:
17g coffee (grind setting at 22C on Baratza Sette 270, coarse)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 35 seconds
92 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 35 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
2) 125g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 35 second blooming, your timing should be on 1 minute and 15 seconds.
3) 100g of water in a circular flow with a finish (about 10-15g) on the edge. A total brewing time of 1 minute and 45-50 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting at 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: A well-balanced and good coffee, this has been the best coffee I’ve tasted in 2017.
The most distinct tone is the sweet chocolate, which in turn has a fantastic balance with a light acidity, an acidity similar to a sweet vinegar as soon as the coffee has cooled down.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.