Montañita is a Colombian single estate coffee with floral and fruity tones from the coffee roaster Etnia.
Farm: Finca Mesitas
17g coffee (grind setting at 19E on Baratza Sette 270, medium/coarse)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 40 seconds
93 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 40 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
2) 130g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 40 second blooming, your timing should be on 1 minute and 15 seconds.
3) 95g of water in a circular flow with a finish (about 10-15g) on the edge. A total brewing time of 1 minute and 45-50 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting at 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: This is a floral coffee, which with its different and unique character has quickly become a favorite of mine. The distinct citrus notes give a fresh and light feel, which makes the coffee great as cold brew. The freshness also raises the floral tones, making the coffee stand out of the crowd. When I drink this coffee, I can only feel how easy and fresh it is, I would recommend drinking this on the balcony for a summers afternoon.
Rating: 7.5 / 10
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
4 comments on “Etnia – Montañita” Add yours →
jag har precis hittat din blogg och jag ÄLSKAR den! VIlken grym niche!
Jag kan inte beskriva hur roligt det är att läsa detta! Tack så mycket Frida!
Så spännande det låter! Mums!
Tack! Detta är ett fantastiskt kaffe 🙂