Once in a while you get a package of lovely bags of coffee to your door. That always happens when you do as I did and that was ordering coffee from @budhaskafferosteri. I ordered three different kind of coffees with different kinds of process. You’ll see more of them in the following weeks but for now we’ll only focus on Aquiares Estate from Costa Rica . Another thing is that he actually added a bag of lovely geisha coffee just for me, as a birthday gift. What a nice guy right?
Back to the coffee! It’s lightly roasted, is Natural Anaerobic processed and smells amazing. When I was cupping this coffee I felt a lot of body, the sweetness was medium to high and the acidity was not clear at all. Which was pretty nice since the fruitiness and sweetness really made the cup of coffee great on its own. However, when I tweaked the recipe to make the cup of coffee have a slight hint of acidity which made the cup of coffee an absolute beast, it was awesome! So what can you count on to feel in this drink? My cupping notes: Sweet berries, jam, butterscotch and milk chocolate.
When I do a cupping I do the following:
1) Grind 11 g coffee in a medium-coarse grind, I’ll remember the coffee’s fragrances now when it is dry to compare with the let grounds later.
2) Pour 180 g of water at a temperature of 93 degrees Celsius.
3) Let it sit for 4 minutes.
4) Stir 3 times and try to find as many scents.
5) Remove all foam that’s formed on the top.
6) Wait for 6 minutes so the coffee cools down and to let the coffee grounds fall down to the bottom, then I’ll take my first slurp with a deep spoon. The idea is that you will spray the coffee inside your mouth. That way you will be able to easily recognize the tones contained in the coffee.
7) Wait for 6 minutes and do the same procedure, the reason behind step 7 is that it’s the most optimal time for tasting coffee. If the coffee is still good after 12-15 minutes, then it is a high-quality coffee!
Sweet berries, jam, butterscotch and milk chocolate.
Information and recipe for the coffee:
Altitude: 1 100 – 1 400 masl.
20 g coffee (grind setting 26B at Baratza Sette 270, medium)
300 g filtered water
70 g blooming 45 seconds
92 degrees Celsius
1) Pour 70g water for blooming for 45 seconds.
2) 45 seconds in, begin your second pour of 50g of water.
3) 1 minute and 30 seconds in, begin your third pour of 60g of water.
4) 2 minutes and 15 seconds in, begin your fourth pour of 60g of water.
5) 3 minutes in, begin your fifth pour of 60g of water.
6) Stop the dripper at 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
*Always rinse the paper filter with filtered hot water, don’t forget to wash the coffee server with clean water afterward, because the taste of the paper might linger.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
0 comments on “Budhas Kafferosteri – Aquiares Estate Costa Rica” Add yours →