Part 3 for The Coffeevine September 18 box, in this post I’ll only write about the coffee from Structure Roasters. In last Friday’s post, you’ve been able to read about the coffee and also what I expect from the coffee. In this part, I’ll share my recipe for an awesome pour-over and Espro travel press as usual.
As I was cupping Structure Roasters – Aleta Wendo Ethiopia I had no difficulties feeling the tastes of “Jasmine, honey & peach”. This coffee was sweet and very kind to my palate.
I would also like to know how good this coffee would be with “fika”. I tried it with a dark chocolate with sea salt. I understand that this can be a weird thing to try out, as almost all coffees are well matched with chocolate. But there are those who really don’t, and that may mean they are only preferred enjoyed on their own. For example: Do you like green tea with chocolate? I certainly do not. This coffee can be combined with whatever you want!
You can visit The Coffeevine here! Use “kaffenytt” as voucher code, you’ll get 25% off your first purchase and I won’t get anything, this is only something I requested so I can give something to you readers!
When I do a cupping I do the following:
1) Grind 11 g coffee in a medium-coarse grind, I’ll remember the coffee’s fragrances now when it is dry to compare with the let grounds later.
2) Pour 180 g of water at a temperature of 93 degrees Celsius.
3) Let it sit for 4 minutes.
4) Stir 3 times and try to find as many scents.
5) Remove all foam that’s formed on the top, as shown in the picture below.
6) Wait for 6 minutes so the coffee cools down and to let the coffee grounds fall down to the bottom, then I’ll take my first slurp with a deep spoon. The idea is that you will spray the coffee inside your mouth. That way you will be able to easily recognize the tones contained in the coffee.
7) Wait for 6 minutes and do the same procedure, the reason behind step 7 is that it’s the most optimal time for tasting coffee. If the coffee is still good after 12-15 minutes, then it is a high-quality coffee!
Smooth honey taste with fresh Jasmine.
Information and recipe for the coffee:
17g coffee (grind setting 20A at Baratza Sette 270, medium)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 40 seconds
93 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 40 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
2) 225g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 40 second blooming, your timing should be in 2 minute and 15 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting on 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid
Review: In last Fridays post, I wrote that my expectation was the following:
“This will be a first time for me trying out Structure Roasters. It was really nice to know that coffee roaster is actually from Canada, even that’s a first for me! Beyond that, this coffee sounds awesome!”
Structure Roasters from Canada has made a great impression on me, I like their very fresh coffee that works great for your morning routine. I also like it brewed as an espresso, and actually recommend that you try a shot of it.
If you have an Espro and a Pour-Over … What should you choose to brew with? As I wrote above, you get a more balanced cup with the Espro, you also get a great result every time as it’s impossible to make mistakes. Do you want your cup to show a bit of aromatics, brew with a Hario V60 etc. It becomes more spicy, aromatic and nicer on its own. I prefer it brewed with a pour-over, especially the Hario V60, but it’s good with the espro as well. I recommend this as pressed, pour-over and also as previously mentioned Espresso!
The chocolate I ate was a dark chocolate with sea salt.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
You can visit The Coffeevine here! Use “kaffenytt” as voucher code, you’ll get 25% off your first purchase and I wount get anything, this is only something I requested so I can give something to you readers!