After accomplishing 5000 followers on Instagram I’ve promised to celebrate it somehow! Let’s begin!
That said, It’s time for the second edition of my own tailored coffees from Kaffefamiljen roasted by no less than Costas Rosteri! It’s, as usual, an honor to continue the great relationship with Kaffefamiljen. A business that has the potential to be as huge as they want! The only problem is that not every coffee drinker in the world know of them, so let’s hope that my three posts and perhaps many more to come can open a few eyes!
A voucher code with 30% off can be found at the end of the review
Information and recipe for the coffee:
This is a coffee blend to increase the balance in the cup to get that perfect “coffee taste” for every coffee lover!
17g coffee (grind setting on 22C Baratza Sette 270, medium-coarse)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 30 seconds
94 degrees Celsius
1) 40 g blooming for 30 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all of the coffee wet.
2) 100 g of water in a circular flow (this including 40 g of water blooming). This including 30 seconds of blooming should be on in 1 minute and 10 seconds
3) 125 g of water in a circular route that ends with a flow (approx. 10-15 g) on edge. The total brewing time of 1 minute, 55 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting on 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: There is something special with coffee from Kaffefamiljen and the coffee roastery Costas, the coffee always has a wonderful smell! This coffee, unlike the last (1st Edition), is a blend of coffee beans, mostly for getting a better body for the coffee with greater balance than a single bean can get. Brazilian and Indonesian have a typical coffee flavor and I think that many people who are having trouble with specialty coffee will be extremely easy for this.
Origin about the coffee, in addition to what’s written above:
As I mentioned in many of my posts, and especially when writing about Kaffefamiljen, I want to show that you can drink a high-quality coffee with better coffee flavor without it being so darkly roasted that it’s actually burned. Here you get the experience you are looking for but it is better in everything it can. To finish that off, something that many underestimate: no problems with your stomach.
So what is the best way to brew this coffee?
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
Whatever you do, don’t forget to use the voucher code: KAFFENYTT30 to get 30% off your first order! And let’s hope that Kaffenytt 1st Edition & 2nd Edition won’t be the last!