Panama Pineapple Thief from Johan & Nyström is a coffee you will never forget. It’s sweet, acidic and very unique. I have served many of my friends so they could try this coffee and everyone notice the taste of pineapple. In my opinion, this is one of the better balcony-coffee available. I can clarify more what I mean by balcony-coffee under “reviews”.
Information and recipe for the coffee:
17g coffee (grind setting 20E at Baratza Sette 270, medium-coarse)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 30 seconds
92 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 30 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
3) 225g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 30 second blooming, your timing should be on 1 minute and 45 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting 26B at Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: The coffee is delicious, it’s not an optimal coffee for a “fika”, but it’s incredibly charming to just drink. As I wrote above, Panama Pineapple Thief is a perfect balcony-coffee and the promised explanation can be read below.
A balcony-coffee is for me a coffee that you bring to the balcony, a bench outdoors or possibly for a walk. It should work well when you are by yourself or together with a friend. A bonus is that it’s so good that you can laugh at how fun and how similar to pineapple it is.
The coffee resembles pineapple as soon as the temperature drops to about 50-60 degrees Celsius. It is actually hard to express how impressive a coffee is like the exotic fruit. Soon it’s time for the Panama Pineapple Thief to get back to the market again, I’m really looking forward to it and it should also be all coffee makers.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.