After accomplishing 7000 followers on Instagram I couldn’t image celebrating it without a new edition of coffee. It’s time for the spring so this time we went floral and light! This time we’ll also do a giveaway! To read the rules, you can find it here on the Instagram link (click me).
That said, It’s time for the Third Edition of my own tailored coffees from Kaffefamiljen roasted by no less than Costas Rosteri! It’s, as usual, an honor to continue the great relationship with Kaffefamiljen. A business that has the potential to be as huge as they want! The only problem is that not every coffee drinker in the world know of them, so let’s hope that my three posts and perhaps many more to come can open a few eyes!
If you didn’t win the giveaway or can’t wait; a voucher code with 30% off can be found at the end of the review
Information and recipe for the coffee:
This is a coffee blend to increase the balance in the cup to get that perfect “coffee taste” for every coffee lover!
This wonderful bag contains 100% Brazil Red Ruby
20 coffee (grind setting on 27A Baratza Sette 270, medium-coarse)
300 of filtered water
40g bloom 45 seconds
95 degrees Celsius
1) let’s do something different, pressure the coffee bed with your finger to create a little pit. Think 1cm.
2) 40 g blooming for 45 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all of the coffee wet.
3) 45 seconds in, begin your second pour from the center and out in small circular motions. Never pour on the paper-filter just continue from the center out and begin again until you hit 300 grams of water total. You should time 300 grams of water on the second minute (1:30).
4) Stop the dripper at between 2 minutes and 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
*Always rinse the paper filter with filtered hot water, don’t forget to wash the coffee server with clean water afterward, because the taste of the paper might linger.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting on 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: There is something special with coffee from Kaffefamiljen and the coffee roastery Costas, the coffee always has a wonderful smell! This is a bit different to the 1st and 2nd edition. The first is more on the medium roast, the second a bit darker (and is a 50/50 coffee blend). This one is like the first bit even more on the lighter side.
Origin about the coffee, in addition to what’s written above:
“100% Brazil Red Ruby – Chocolate, honey, grapefruit”
“This is a well-balanced coffee that aims for a creamy mouthfeel with fruity and sweet notes.”
As I mentioned in many of my posts, and especially when writing about Kaffefamiljen, I want to show that you can drink a high-quality coffee with better coffee flavor without it being so darkly roasted that it’s actually burned. Here you get the experience you are looking for but it is better in everything it can. To finish that off, something that many underestimate: no problems with your stomach.
So what is the best way to brew this coffee? I’ll quote the post from Kaffenytt 2nd Edition.
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
Whatever you do, don’t forget to use the voucher code: KAFFENYTT30 to get 30% off your first order! And let’s hope that Kaffenytt 1st Edition & 2nd Edition won’t be the last!