I usually drink coffee from Kafferäven Per Nordby more often than I have. I always try to get one of their bags every time I shop for quality coffee. The reason is simple, their good honest people who deliver great coffee to me and takes care of the people who grow the coffee in the first place.
When I bought the bag, I honestly just bought it for the cute snake in the picture. However, the taste was really good. The taste is pretty clean, but at the same time, it is long in its aftertaste like molasses or syrup, something like that. It’s sweet and a good amount of acidic, it has that lovely natural-processed coffee style that I love.
First I’ll cup the coffee which means that I’ll try to find different flavors in the coffee. Just to give you as a reader a hint of understanding of what I go through. I’ll also write how to do a cupping. You can read that below:
When I do a cupping I do the following:
1) Grind 11 g coffee in a medium-coarse grind, I’ll remember the coffee’s fragrances now when it is dry to compare with the let grounds later.
2) Pour 180 g of water at a temperature of 93 degrees Celsius.
3) Let it sit for 4 minutes.
4) Stir 3 times and try to find as many scents.
5) Remove all foam that’s formed on the top.
6) Wait for 6 minutes so the coffee cools down and to let the coffee grounds fall down to the bottom, then I’ll take my first slurp with a deep spoon. The idea is that you will spray the coffee inside your mouth. That way you will be able to easily recognize the tones contained in the coffee.
7) Wait for 6 minutes and do the same procedure, the reason behind step 7 is that it’s the most optimal time for tasting coffee. If the coffee is still good after 12-15 minutes, then it is a high-quality coffee!
Cupping notes for Paraiso:
Clean taste with a long aftertaste.
Information and recipe for Paraiso:
Altitude: 1 070 masl.
Pour Over recipe for Paraiso:
20 g coffee
300 g filtered water
70 g blooming 45 seconds
92 degrees Celsius
1) Pour 65g water for blooming for 45 seconds.
2) 45 seconds in, begin your second pour of 55g of water.
3) 1 minute and 30 seconds in, begin your third pour of 60g of water.
4) 2 minutes and 15 seconds in, begin your fourth pour of 60g of water.
5) 3 minutes in, begin your fifth pour of 60g of water.
6) Stop the dripper at 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
*Always rinse the paper filter with filtered hot water, don’t forget to wash the coffee server with clean water afterward, because the taste of the paper might linger.
Review of Paraiso:
The rating is only based on taste and quality and is not based on price.
0 comments on “Kafferäven Per Nordby – Paraiso” Add yours →