Santa Teresa from Kafferostare Per Nordby is yet another coffee from Nicaragua, the coffee has a nutty and almost fatty taste when brewing with an Espro.
Information and recipes for coffee:
Farm: Jorge Lagos
Altitude: 1 350 meters above sea level.
17g coffee (grind setting 22C on Baratza Sette 270, coarse)
225g of filtered water
40g bloom 30 seconds
94 degrees Celsius
1) 40g bloom for 30 seconds, stir with a bamboo stirrer to get all coffee moistened.
2) 100g water in a circular flow (this includes 40g water blooming). This including 30 second blooming, your timing should be on 1 minute and 15 seconds.
3) 125g of water in a circular flow with a finish (about 10-15g) on the edge. A total brewing time of 1 minute and 45-50 seconds.
Espro Travel Press:
19g coffee (grind setting on 26B Baratza Sette 270)
284g of filtered water
94 degrees Celsius
1) After pouring both the coffee and the water, stir the coffee 10 times. I suggest you use a bamboo stirrer. Avoid sharp objects.
2) Screw the press and let steep for 4 minutes
3) Press slowly, if the press gets stuck, just lift the press and try again. It is normal.
4) Serve or seal the lid.
Review: what distinguishes itself with coffee Roasters Per Nordby is that it is always a high-quality coffee. One of the most interesting cups of coffee I have ever drunk is from the Kafferostare Per Nordby, it was a freezing experiment that has given the rarest taste when it comes to coffee. It is absolutely not negative, just incredibly interesting, cool and really good.
As for Santa Teresa, I was a bit dissatisfied, I had such great hopes for this coffee. I got to customize recipes after recipes and was never really happy with the results. I have previously expressed my difficulties brewing coffee from Nicaraguaand I had the same problem now.
As usual, it is a battle between Hario V60 and Espro Travel Press. Espro Travel Press wins this time. Because the Espro has a higher minimum level of performance, you get a good result every time, but never a “dream cup” that you can achieve with a Hario V60. At the cupping I got a lot of nutty tones, the clearest I could experience was walnut and also dried fruit.
The grade is only for taste, experience, and quality and is not based on price.
0 comments on “Kafferostare Per Nordby – Santa Teresa” Add yours →